Statement Of Faith - VineyardUSA
1. God the King and the Holy Trinity
3. Counterfeit Kingdom: Satan and Demonic Hosts
WE BELIEVE that Satan, originally a great, good angel, rebelled against God, taking a host of angels with him.35 He was cast out of God's presence and, as a usurper of God's rule, established a counter-kingdom of darkness36 and evil on the earth.37
35. Revelation 12:7-9; 36. 2 Corinthians 11:14; Colossians 1:13-14; Ephesians 6:12; 37.Mark 3:22-26; Ephesians 2:1-2; 1 John 5:19
4. The Kingdom in the Creation of Man, the Fall and The Doctrine of Original Sin.
WE BELIEVE that God created mankind in His own image, male and female,38 for relationship with Himself and to govern the earth.39 Under the temptation of Satan,40 our original parents fell from grace,41 bringing sin,42 sickness43 and God's judgment of death to the earth.44 Through the fall, Satan and his demonic hosts gained access to God's good creation.45 Creation now experiences the consequences and effects of Adam's original sin.46 Human beings are born in sin,47 subject to God's judgment of death48 and captive to Satan's kingdom of darkness.49
38. Genesis 1:26-27; 39. Genesis 1:26; 40. Genesis 3:1; Revelation 12:9; 41. Genesis 3:8; Romans 1:21; Romans 5:16; 42. Romans 5:12; 43. John 5:14; 44. 1 Corinthians 15:22; 45. John 8:44; 1 John 5:19; 46. Romans 8:20-23; 47. Psalm 51:5; 48. Ezekiel 18:4; Romans 2:5; Romans 2:12; Hebrews 9:27; 49. Galatians 1:3-5; Galatians 4:8-9; Colossians 1:13
6. Christ the Mediator and Eternal King
7. The Ministry of the Holy Spirit
8. The Sufficiency of Scripture
9. The Power of the Gospel Over the Kingdom of Darkness
10. The Church: Instrument of the Kingdom
11. Baptism and the Lord's Supper
12. The Kingdom of God and the Final Judgment
If you desire further information regarding our theological position e-mail (email@example.com) to request the paper entitled "Association of Vineyard Churches Theological and Philosophical Statement."